Out of stock, call to pre-order
Grand Canyoneering by Todd Martin. This guidebook is somewhat different from others in that the trips require the user to apply skills from the varied disciplines of backpacking, climbing, orienteering, rafting and technical canyoneering. The upside is that those willing to expand their skill set will find that previously inaccessible areas of the Canyon will become open to exploration. A packraft removes the impenetrable barrier presented by the Colorado River. Rope allows the descent of routes not otherwise possible for the non-technical hiker. Orienteering allows hikers to explore off-trail routes in the backcountry. As a result, this book should appeal to backpackers or river users who wish to put together new loops and routes using a packraft, rafters who‚Äôd like to perform some canyon descents as part of their river trip, canyoneers who are looking for remote multi-day expeditions and more!
- Descriptions of over 100 canyons rated by technical and physical difficulty
- Detailed first-hand descriptions supplemented by maps, photos, and GPS coordinates
- Essential equipment information
- Locations of water sources
- Natural History facts and low-impact canyoneering techniques
- 500 pages - full color