- Permit: Call 435.259.7012
Green (Gates of Lodore) and Yampa CanyonDinosaur National Park/River Office 4545 Hwy 40 Dinosaur, CO 81610 970-374-2468 or 970-374-3000
Shuttle Services: Rimrock Adventures – http://rradventures.com/shuttle-services/ – 888-712-9555
Utah:Shuttle Services: Rimrock Adventures – http://rradventures.com/shuttle-services/ – 888-712-9555
Check out our Lower San Juan River Guide Blog Post here Shuttle Info: Shuttles from Sand Island to Mexican Hat take one hour, while shuttles from Sand Island to Clay Hills take 4-5 hours. Commercial outfitters provide the shuttles for a fee. Shuttle Service Providers: Valle’s Trading Post (435) 683-2226 (trips taking-out at Mexican Hat only); Blackhawk Transportation (435) 678-3224 (trips taking-out at Clay Hills; Jim Hardin (435) 672-2455 (trips taking out at Clay Hills).
Shuttle Info: Redtail Aviation – http://redtailaviation.com/river-shuttles/ – (800) 842-9251 Coyote Shuttle – https://www.coyoteshuttle.com/cataract-canyon/ – (435) 260-2097
Desolation / Gray Canyons (Green River)Bureau of Land Management, Price Field Office 125 South 600 West Price, UT 84501 435.636.3600 Shuttle Info: Redtail Aviation – http://redtailaviation.com/desolation-shuttle/ – (800) 842-9251
- Permit Application
- Weighted Lottery Info
- Rivermaps Guide Book
- Belknap Guide Book
- Colorado River Briefs Guide Book
- Day Hikes from the River
- Boat & Gear Rentals with Moenkopi Riverworks
Salt RiverUS Forest Service, Tonto National Forest 7680 S. Six Shooter Canyon Rd. Globe, AZ 85501 928.402.6236 online here. Download the FS Salt River Map here
Rio ChamaBureau of Land Management, Taos Field Office 226 Cruz Alta Rd Taos, NM 87571 575.758.8851 or 888.882.6188 Notes:
- Private or Self-Guided Trips / Chavez Canyon — No advance reservation or fees are required for day trips launching from Chavez Canyon, just below the Monastery. All you need to do for this day-run is fill out a boater registration form with the BLM before you launch.
- Launch Lottery / Summer Season — BLM Taos Field Office administers a lottery to distribute weekend launch dates from May 1 through Labor Day. Applications are due before January 31. The office accepts telephone reservations for weekday launches after April 1.