Mule Open Deck
Mule Open Deck
Out of stock, call to pre-order
The Alpacka Mule Open Deck Pack Raft is the perfect option for the big and tall guys! Made locally in Mancos, CO, the Mule is a spacious and super stable backcountry packraft that will comfortably carry a 250+ pound paddler and 100 pounds of gear without feeling bogged down. Built with the 11.7-inch diameter Cargo Hull, which features a center panel stern and late rise bow to maximize stability, buoyancy, leg room, and cargo capacity, the Mule sure can carry a load.
- Shape: Cargo Hull
- Tube Diameter: 11.7-inch
- Seating: Classic Seat Bottom and Inflatable Seat Back
- Build Configurations: Open or Removable WW Deck (contact us for other build prices)
- Cargo Fly Zipper: Included (roll-top internal dry bags sold separately)
- Fit: Relaxed (See sizing and specifications)
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 4 bow grab loops, 2 stern grab loops, 1 bow handle, and 2 strap plates
- Materials: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon hull and 840-denier ballistic nylon floor (Made in USA). Custom Vectran upgrade available.
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
The Mule is sized to comfortably fit the biggest people (over 6’2” and up to 280 lbs), plus plenty of cargo for a multi-week trip. However, smaller paddlers may prefer the Mule to the Explorer 42 for carrying heavy loads or paddling with a child or dog due to the Mule’s shorter length.
*Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.
|Boater Height||6'2"-6'8" | 188-203cm|
|Exterior Length||100in | 254cm|
|Exterior Width||38in | 97cm|
|Interior Length||52in | 132cm|
|Interior Width||15.5in | 39cm|
|Max Capacity*||500lb | 227kg|