The Werner Odachi Carbon Fiber Whitewater Race / Slalom Kayak Paddle is the newest design for the competitive paddler. This paddle was built by racers for racers and is loaded with features that give you the speed advantage on the water.
- With an increased blade to shaft offset, this blade forward design gives a more powerful catch and stays more vertical through the power phase.
- Greater dihedral to stabilize powerful forward strokes through turbulent conditions.
- Long blade length (49cm) provides greater leverage.
- Race inspired blade tip. Symmetrical shape for more surface area, for more efficiency when matching a more vertical race stroke. Subtle scoop for more purchase.
- Along with carbon bent and straight shafts, Werner optimized materials and manufacturing techniques to obtain lower weight, remain strong and provide a comfortable flex. Less fatigue on your body overall, for the longer races.
- Because you still hit rocks when you go fast, Dynel edging is highly abrasion and impact resistant. Protecting the fine-tuned carbon blades from the elements.
- NOTE. Design features that make this paddle fast, also make for a unique feel in your hands. Bracing and rolling are different. The Odachi is not intended to be an all around paddle.
- 30 degree offset (custom offsets available via special order)
- Available in custom lengths via special order. 2-piece and 4-piece options not available.