G/Flex Epoxy 32 oz.
West System G/flex Epoxy Adhesive belongs in every boater's repair kit. Get a
waterproof, flexible bond on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, etc. The
650-8 kit gives you two 4 oz. bottles of the liquid epoxy.
Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its
molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the
problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics. Use it for
repair or gluing hypalon d-rings to groovers, kayaks and canoes, or just
about anything else.
- The kit contains 8 oz. each of viscous liquid G/flex 650 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1.
- Mixed G/flex 650 is of a heavy "syrup" consistency. It will run off
a vertical surface. 650 can be thickened with inert filling materials.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon
Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in
boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and
its ability to bond dissimilar materials, G/flex is much more flexible
than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and
- At 72° F pot life is 45 minutes. Working time is 75 minutes. It
cures to a solid in three hours and cures to its full strength in one
to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more
you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear
and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The
instructions that come with the kit are top notch.
8 oz. each of viscous liquid G/flex 650 resin and hardener