The completely redesigned Hobie Mirage Outback pedal drive kayak is a do-everything sporting powerhouse, large enough to carry plenty of fishing tackle, camera gear or even lightweight overnight gear, with exceptional hands-free maneuverability. For 2019, Hobie took their most popular boat of all time and made it even better! The new hull design provides improved stability, better tracking and glide path with the added keel, and a much quieter ride. Additionally, it is notched on the underside near the drive port to recess the fins further, providing even more protection, particularly in shallow water. The new spring-loaded Guardian retractable transducer mount also helps in the shallows by allowing the newer generation of side-scanning transducers to retract into the hull for added protection.
Built with the new, wider, ultra-comfortable Vantage CT-W seat adds 1.5" width compared to the standard CT seat. Thanks to the new hull design the Outback is so stable that it makes standing up to sight cast a breeze. The new kick-up rudder gives the Outback a tighter turning radius similar to the Pro Angler that kicks up when it hits an obstacle. A new rectangular hatch, larger bow hatch and two molded in trays make it easier than ever to bring all the tackle or other items along with you, while the new H-Track Deluxe and integrated retraction system help keep your stuff organized and where it should be. Dual sided steering, a new detachable loader system, cart keeper, Power Pole mounts, H-Rail stern handle and dual cart scuppers round out the awesome new features of the Hobie Outback!
- MirageDrive 180 ARC Turbo pedal drive system with Kick-Up Fins
- Dual side hand-controlled rudder
- Vantage CT-W wide high-back seat
- H-Track Deluxe accepts most H-Rail Accessories and all track-mounted options
- Hobie Guardian retractable transducer mount
- Kick-up Rudder provides incredible maneuverability and kicks up when it encounters an obstacle. The rudder stows under the hull similar to the Pro Angler Rudder.
- Integrated Retraction System provides instant access to tools
- New rectangular center hatch and larger bow hatch
- Deluxe two-piece paddle with on-deck storage
- 4 molded-in rod holders
- Detachable Loader System makes cartopping a cinch
- Large rear cargo area with Bungee tie-downs
- On-deck receptacle for sail mast, dive flag, etc.
- Molded-in storage wells all around the cockpit