The NRS Inflatable PFD is a great accessory for standup paddleboarders or surfers who need to comply with state laws, but do not want the bulk and discomfort of a traditional jacket-style life vest. This PFD sits comfortably around your waist and self-inflates with a simple pull of the ripcord. This PFD will not qualify and is not intended for river use.
- This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 15.5 lbs. of flotation and meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements. (See Note below.)
- The compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- A simple tug on the cord instantly inflates the PFD with pressurized C02 gas.
- A 16 gram CO2 cartridge is included with the Zephyr. NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit is sold separately. It's a good idea to have extra re-arming kits on hand.
- Unlike many other self-inflating life jackets, the flotation chamber stays around your waist.
- Simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the inflation cord and secure the attachment strap over your head.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- The bag's clear window lets you check the inflation system for readiness.
Note: This PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device. This PFD will not qualify and is not intended for river use.