The Pyranha 9R & 9R-L creek / down river whitewater race kayaks are the first modern race
kayaks aimed squarely at the short boat class of extreme races the world
over. Precise, forgiving and blazing fast, the 9R sets the standard against
which all others will be judged. Featuring a narrow bow, asymmetric planing hull for
speed, and full length edges for precision. A raised bow, tailored rocker and unique volume
distribution keep you on top of the water in control and in the lead. Get on the podium with the Pyranha 9R.
- Swede form hull: Asymmetric Swede form and narrow width for speed.
- High bow: To lift over obstacles, punch holes and resurface quickly.
- Continuous rocker: For speed.
- Rounded edge bow: For forgiveness helps keep you on line.
- Flatter bow profile: To direct water under hull for quick bursts to hull speed.
- Slight edge: Starting center running to stern for control.
- Peaked bow deck and stern: For shedding water.
- Clean edge release off stern: For crossing boils and eddylines.
- Low profile front cockpit: And recessed rear cockpit to prevent water loading.
- Wave Deflector: The latest Pyranha innovative feature is the Wave
Deflector, and it does just that, deflects most waves away from the
kayak, generating dynamic lift, and stopping surface tension sucks the
wave up onto the deck, so that it doesn't load the kayak with massive
weight and slow the kayak down.