Private (Non-Commercial) Boaters Course
This course is designed for private boaters who aren’t looking for fancy certifications but who are looking for skills that they can apply directly towards their next river trip. Many participants of this course bring their entire family. Students will learn rowing techniques, boat rigging and the fundamentals of swiftwater rescue.
- Proper equipment selection, use and repair.
- Clothing and personal gear selection, use and maintenance.
- River features and hazards.
- Scouting, portaging, lining and running rapids.
- Paddle boat technique.
- Oar raft technique.
- River rescue and safety procedures.
- Flip and swimmer recovery.
- Minimizing outdoor recreation resource impacts.
Location: Animas River Durango, Colorado
This course can be arranged at any time and location for groups of 8 or more
Dates: May 13-14