Upcoming Local Events
*dates may be subject to change. We will do our best to notify you as soon as we can! We apologize for any inconvenience!
Sunday April 29th – Crossfit Catacombs
WE FIGHT FOR WILEY
A COMMUNITY EVENT AND FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT WILEY
Come support Wiley at this community event and fundraiser. Join Durango XC, Durango Nordic, DEVO, 4CRS RiverSports, and CrossFit Catacombs to be with Wiley through his community, friends, and passions. Run, mountain bike, paddle, or workout with a dinner, refreshment and music afterwards.
- 2:30 PM | Meet at Catacombs or alternate location (details below)
- 3:00 PM | Run, Mountain Bike, Paddle, or WOD (details below)
- 5:00 PM | Dinner, Refreshments, Live Music
Suggested Donation: Dinner / Refreshments $20 / person, T-shirt $25 / per person (all proceeds go to the family), If you want T-shirts for the event on Sunday – order by 4/20!
- Mountain Bike | Ride starts at 3:00 PM from Catacombs.
- Run | Run starts at 3:00 from Catacombs
- Paddle | River run starts at 3:00 from 32nd Street. 4CRS will provide shuttle support.
- CrossFit | WOD starts at 3:00 at Catacombs.
Thanks to the generosity of these organizations for their contributions to this event:
- 4CRS has donated a SUP that will be raffled off at this event
- Ska has donated kegs of cold delicious beer.
- Run, bike, paddle and WOD supported by coaches / staff from DNSC, DXC, DEVO, 4CRS and Catacombs.
- Cartwheel Studio has created these awesome T-shirts. Order by April 20th to have at the event on Sunday.
Saturday and Sunday April 28th and 29th – 4Corners Riversports
SWAP AND SALE
Each spring, we hold our annual 4CRS Boat Swap & Spring Sale, here at 4Corners Riversports. We fill our parking lot with tons of used kayaks, rafts, canoes, IKs, stand up paddle boards, paddles, PFDs, river gear and more! On an average year, we have well over 100 used boats and thousands of other items that the public brings in to sell at the swap. This is the largest boat swap in the Four Corners area and is your best chance at buying or selling used boats and equipment. We’ll also have all our new boats, boards and gear in the store discounted at 10-50% store wide.
NEW THIS YEAR – Sunday Clinics!
- 1 PM – Cooking on the river
- Join us Sunday afternoon to learn how to set up a river kitchen just like the pros. Maximize your cooking efficiency!
- 3 PM – Whitewater Kayak Outfitting Clinic
- Did you just buy a new or used boat? Learn how to outfit it Sunday afternoon. We’ll cover the basics of outfitting parts and pieces as well as how to make your boat as comfy as possible.
Tuesday, May 1st, 6:30pm – 4Corners Riversports
History of River Running with Sara Porterfield
Sara Porterfield will be talking about the history of river running in the Colorado River Basin and how it spread from the American West to rivers around the world. We’ll also screen a film covering the first descent of Ethopia’s Omo River, which took place in 1973.
Bio: Sara Porterfield’s love of the Colorado River led her to her current life as a doctoral candidate at the University of Colorado, Boulder where she studies the history of the American West and the Colorado River Basin. Her research looks at the Colorado’s ties to rivers around the world through water development and recreation, a topic inspired by working as a river guide in the Colorado River Basin for more than a decade. When she’s not writing about rivers, you can usually find Sara boating, hiking, or trail running on the Front Range, in the mountains, or in the Utah desert.
Talk Description: Today you can find a whitewater rafting trip almost anywhere you travel around the world, from Chile to Nepal to Croatia. Whether a tourist-friendly half-day float or an epic first descent of Class V+ section, river running has spread around the world. How did boating become such a popular activity, and where did it start? We’ll trace river running’s history in the Colorado River Basin and how it spread from the American West to rivers around the world.